Amaranth Breakfast Bowl
Amaranth is a sweet-tasting seed, also known as an ancient grain.Much like quinoa, it pairs well with sweet-centric dishes, which makes it perfect for a breakfast bowl.
Servings: 2 servings
- large saute pan with lid or splash screen
- 4 tbsp amaranth seeds, organic
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp ground true cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground green cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp organic unsweetened peanut butter, for garnish
- 1/2 cup soy milk or another milk alternative
- Popping the amaranth can be tricky to explain, I recommend watching some tutorials on youtube. You can safely assume your first 2 tablespoons will either not pop or burn so have some extra amaranth for this. Here: Amaranth Popping
- For the pear sauce, in a small saucepan on medium heat, combine the pears, honey, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves and cook uncovered for 15 minutes until liquid is evaporated and sauce is sticky and pears are soft.
- Combine the pear sauce, banana, puffed amaranth and peanut butter in a bowl and then pour your milk choice over it.