I would love to start a trend where we stop calling vegan bowls “Buddha Bowls” because I’m pretty sure if you asked a Buddhist what a buddha bowl is, they would give you a non-confrontational confused look. Here is one version of a balanced bowl you can start with if you’ve never made one.
The elusive insta-famous picture perfect bowl.Coming soon to a kitchen near you.
Servings: 2 bowls
- 1 1/2 cups rice linguini
- 1 cup chopped curly endive
- 1 fistful alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded carrot
- 1 marinated artichoke heart
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 halved, fried lemon
- 2 tbsp coconut dijon dressing
- 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- pinch of salt to taste
- Quick soak one can of chickpeas for 1 hour in a mixing bowl full of cold waterIf you are planning in advance, soak dried chickpeas 24 hours in advance and boil for 1 hour instead of the first step.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Drain and then place on paper towel and rub together until chickpea skins flake off. Pick out as many skins as you can.
- Move them to a mixing bowl. Add 1 tsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp black pepper. Toss until spices are evenly coated.
- Roast for 45 minutes
Golden Rule3 parts grain to 1 part legume – the rest just needs to be as colourful as possible 🙂
One thought on “Balanced Bowl”