I had an existential crisis and resorted to making shakshuka and I was pretty happy with it. I did a lot of research on the history of shakshuka before making this so I hope you enjoy my version of it.
Servings: 2 servings
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 lbs tomatoes cubed
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 12 garlic cloves lmao, yeah man
- 2 free-range organic eggs
- 1 cup fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 chives
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients except for eggs in a large cast-iron skillet, or two smaller ones.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes or until tomatoes and garlic are soft.
- Make a small divot where you want to put the egg.
- Crack the egg into it and let simmer for another 15 minutes or until egg white turns white.
- It is customary to have a very runny egg, so it is ideal to use free-range organic eggs.
- Garnish with chives and oregano or parsley.
- Add cayenne if you prefer more spicy.