Paleo Hollandaise Sauce
Servings: 1 cup
- Stainless steel mixing bowl or a double boiler
- 4 large free-range organic egg yolks
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 3 tbsp water
- Whisk yolks with lemon juice, salt, and cayenne in a stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Bring a medium saucepan half-full of water to a boil and then bring the heat back down to medium.
- While continuing to whisk, hold the bowl over the pot of boiling water.
- Slowly add the olive oil to the eggs, one tbsp at a time, while continuing to whisk.
- If the mixture starts to get chunky, lift it further away from the steam and turn the heat down.
- Once the mixture is thick, add water for consistency and remove from heat.