Broccoli “Cheddar” Soup
This is a Paleo as well as a Vegan soup recipe.While I do love this soup, it is incomplete in that it requires more protein with it. Perhaps a side of wild salmon or a hummus snack could complete it.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 large red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large organic carrots, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 head organic broccoli, cut bite size (whatever that may be)
- 1 jalapeno
- 6 cups organic vegetable broth, homemade or 1 carton
- 1 can full fat organic coconut milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Steam carrots, jalapeno and broccoli stems together.
- Boil potatoes.
- Blend carrots, potatoes and jalapeno with half the vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, mustard powder, turmeric, sea salt, pepper and cayenne.
- In a large stock pot, uncovered on medium head, add pureed mixture to the coconut milk, remaining broth and the broccoli florets. Simmer on low for 20 minutes or until florets are softened.