Cauliflower Risotto with Chicken Sausage
Servings: 4 servings
- Baking Sheet
- Frying Pan
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 yellow onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 butternut squash peeled and diced
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 sausages
- Using a cheese grater or food processor, shred the entire head of cauliflower.
- In a large frying pan, fry onion and garlic in coconut oil and season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Add cauliflower and tomato and simmer covered on low for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butternut squash, onion, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread across large baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
- Once soft, remove and add to blender and purée with vegetable broth.
- In a small frying pan, fry sausages and chop into chunks.
- Combine sauce with cauliflower mixture and sausage.
- Serve hot.
2 thoughts on “Cauliflower Risotto with Chicken Sausage”
I think I need to keep trying with my cauliflower rice. It just always tastes pretty blah. It’s okay and I will eat it, but it’s just lacking. This looks really good and I think it is inspiring me to try again.
It took me a long time to get it right. This will be a good place to get back on your cauliflower feet 😁❤