Meal Prep Chilli
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow cooking onion chopped
- 4 jalapenos sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 4 celery sticks chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes not drained
- Optional: One half avocado sliced for topping.
- Pan fry ground beef on medium heat until brown and set aside in large stockpot.
- Leave some fat in the pan to fry vegetables.
- Fry onion, garlic, celery, and jalapeño and season with cumin, chipotle, thyme, oregano and salt until fully cooked.
- Add this to the ground beef in the stockpot.
- Add tomato paste and diced tomatoes with juice to the stockpot and stir.
- Now add green pepper and broccoli last and simmer covered on low for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Let cool for 30 minutes to split into 4 mason jars.
- Let cool another 30 minutes or until almost room temperature then refrigerate or freeze.
I keep the core and seeds in my jalapeños because every part of the pepper is spicy. If you cut the center out it will be milder.