Roasted Veg + Candied Beets
- 4 carrots peeled and loosely chopped
- 3 turnips peeled and loosely chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled and loosely chopped
- 1 white onion peeled and loosely chopped
- 2 parsnips peeled and loosely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- salt pepper, cayenne to taste
- 1 beet peeled and chopped into 1/2" cubes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large roasting pan, toss carrots, turnips, sweet potatoes, onions, parsnips, and garlic in coconut oil and spices.
- Roast for one hour, rotating occasionally.
- Steam cubes of beet in a small saucepan until they are soft.
- In another small saucepan, melt coconut oil and coconut sugar until they combine and then add beets.
- Reduce on low heat, uncovered for 15-20 minutes until candied.
- Serve beets on top of vegetables.