Cream of Vegetable
Paleo and Vegan cream of vegetable soup
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 red potato, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 orange pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 3 cremini mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups unsweetened hemp milk
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- Chop all vegetables in 1/4″ cubes.
- In a large stockpot, on medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add potato, celery and carrots and season with salt, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder. Stirring often for 20 minutes.
- Once the carrots are soft, add red, orange and jalapeno peppers to mixture. Simmer uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- Once peppers are cooked, add mushrooms, zucchini, and broccoli and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, hemp milk, and fresh dill.
- Leave on the heat for 5 more minutes.
- Season more as desired and serve hot.
Pro tip: I like to separate my vegetables into individual bowls when prepping so I can add them in the correct order. Carrots and potatoes and celery take the longest, then peppers, then zucchini and mushrooms were last. It helps keep my thoughts organized for the texture I want.