Dairy-Free Corn Chowder
It is what it is, my dudes.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 3 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can full fat organic coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen organic corn
- 3 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a stock pot, boil the potato cubes for 30 minutes until very soft.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Take 2 cups of the cooked potato and blend with 1 cup of chicken broth until pureed. Set aside.
- In a large covered sauce pot, sautee onions, carrots, celery and red pepper with salt, pepper, nutritional yeast and garlic on medium heat until carrots are soft.
- Add corn and sautee uncovered for another 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining broth, the pureed potato mix and the rest of the potatoes. Add any more salt or pepper to taste. Serve hot.