I would have more to say if my fingernails weren’t burning from cutting jalapeños for my lunches this week. I bought the edible flowers from Reclaim Urban Farm, and the coconut bacon and cashew dill sour cream from Urban Pierogies. Even if you don’t live in Edmonton, you could probably source something similar from a local organic grocer or a farmers market!
Decorated Sweet Potatoes
Servings: 3 servings
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- A pinch of Herbamare Zesty Salt
- 5-6 fresh chives chopped
- 8-9 edible flowers
- 3 tsp cashew dill "sour cream"
- Preheat BBQ to 400F.
- Scrub sweet potatoes under cold water.
- Lightly salt with Herbamare seasoning and wrap in tip foil (shiny side in).
- Barbecue for 45 minutes or 1 hour depending on the size of the sweet potato.
- Once softened, cut the potato open and lightly mash with coconut oil.
- Add "sour cream" and coconut "bacon" and begin placing flowers face up on the potatoes.
I sliced a golden beet with a mandolin and grilled them on the bbq, added sliced tomato and topped with chives and balsamic reduction for a side dish.