This recipe is inspired by the butternut squash ravioli at Cactus Club. If you’ve never tried delicata squash, it’s probably the creamiest squash in the world. It’s like butternut squash’s hot older brother. It’s like if cream cheese died and reincarnated as a vegetable. I topped it with a basil and olive oil dressing.
Delicata Squash and Pine Nut Puree
- Food Processor
- 1 delicata squash
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Halve the delicata squash and remove seeds with a spoon.
- Wrap in tin foil and roast for 30 minutes.
- Once fully cooked, remove the inside of the squash by scraping it with a spoon.
- In a food processor, combine squash, olive oil, salt, and garlic powder.
- Move to a small mixing bowl and add pine nuts.
You can use the puree as a sauce for zoodles or spaghetti squash, or stuff them in steamed beet slices to create a grain-free ravioli!