Jack O'Lantern Stuffed Peppers
Servings: 4 peppers
- 4 orange bell peppers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion minced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut off the peppers' hats and cut out all the seeds.
- Carve whatever face you choose.
- Rub a few drops of olive oil around the inside of each pepper and sprinkle with salt.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until they start to get wrinkly.
- Remove from the oven and drain the liquid out of them.
- In a large frying pan, fry the ground turkey with onions and garlic.
- Season with salt, pepper, chili flakes, and oregano.
- Add can of tomatoes and simmer until the remaining liquid reduces.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers and put his hat back on.