It’s my absolute favourite time of the year again. I just jumped into September Whole30. The perfect excuse to not leave the house for 30 days, and maybe longer if nobody notices I’m gone. Time to say my goodbyes to summer alcoholism and embrace my relationship with the kitchen and with yoga and with my fuzzy blanky.
This season was one for the books. Started off with my first solo vacation in Seattle, to Ottawa for my sister’s wedding, to Calgary for Chasing Summer – this was arguably the best weekend of my life – to camping in Kananaskis, Kinuso, and more. My first time seeing Drumheller was 2 weeks ago and my first time in Kelowna was on Saturday. I can’t explain how grateful I am for all of these experiences! Maybe my goodbye to summer is premature but it was so full of laughs. On to the next chapter, becoming a certified holistic nutritionist!
On that note, I’ll leave you with a quote before the recipe:
Unfuck Yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fucking shine.
Kohlrabi & Leek Soup
- 2 kohlrabi peeled and cubed
- 3 leek sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 red potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 can full-fat organic coconut milk
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp herbamare zesty sea salt
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- In a large stockpot, bring the avocado oil to medium-low heat.
- Add potatoes and let simmer covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until potatoes are soft.
- Repeat these steps with leek and garlic.
- Add the kohlrabi last and season with salt, pepper, basil, and oregano.
- Saute uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Once all vegetables are soft, add half can of coconut milk and broth.
- Bring to a low simmer and then let cool to prepare for blending.
- Blend to desired consistency and add more broth if you don't like it as thick.