Paleo Cabbage Rolls
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 large head of cabbage
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 yellow cooking onion minced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 28 oz can of organic diced tomatoes do not drain
- 4 large eggs
- rosemary garlic powder, salt, and pepper for seasoning
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, half of the onion and garlic and seasoning.
- Roll into 1 1/2" balls and set aside.
- Cut off the stem of the cabbage roll and place upright in a large saucepot.
- Fill with water until cabbage is covered and place on low heat uncovered for about 15 minutes or until leaves start to fall away. Remove the core from the leaves with a knife.
- In a medium pan, fry remaining onion and garlic in coconut oil until soft.
- Add can of tomatoes and season.
- Roll up meatballs in cabbage and lay flap down in a large roasting pan, squished together.
- Cover completely in tomato sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 and roast covered for about an hour.
(Regular cabbage rolls take twice as much time because of the rice)