Whale, I just got back from a lovely weekend trip to Banff with friends for a little birthday celebration and snowboarding. I loved seeing a big red looking full moon on the way back home. This week is a high potassium week because I tend to beat the shit out of myself during the winter. Between winter sports and yoga and soon-to-be rock climbing, I need all the muscle recovery. I stocked up on broccoli, potatoes, mushrooms, and spinach for my lunches this week.
Also, this soup is amazing because everything I make is amazing so you should make it.
Paleo Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 bunch of broccoli, loosely chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 cup yellow potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large roasting pan, combine broccoli, leek, olive oil, salt, and garlic powder. Roast uncovered for 30 minutes.
- In a small stockpot, bring water to a boil.
- Boil potatoes for 30 minutes, or until soft. Drain.
- In a large stockpot, combine cooked potatoes, broccoli mixture, coconut milk, broth, and nutritional yeast.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend soup entirely with either a food processor or an immersion blender.
- Serve hot, season with salt and pepper to taste.