Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Servings: 6 potatoes
- 6 small sweet potatoes
- 2 apples peeled and sliced 3/8" thin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash sweet potatoes and brush off as much of the skin as possible.
- Thinly slice being careful not to cut all the way through. Use other utensils as support.
- Set all the sliced potatoes on a baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss apple slices, cinnamon, salt, walnuts, and melted coconut oil until all the pieces of apple are coated.
- Place apple slices and walnut chunks inside of the sweet potato slices.
- Use a pastry brush to spread the remaining coconut oil all over potatoes.
- Wrap them individually in tin foil. (Shiny side in)
- Bake for 45 minutes.