Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb minced turkey
- 1 small onion grated
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 lb curly endive chopped (bite-size)
- 8 cups turkey broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine turkey, shredded onion, garlic, 1 large egg, and parsley.
- Roll them into small bite-sized meatballs, around half an inch in diameter.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a large saucepot, heat up the broth and add curly endive and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add meatballs and stir.
- Using a measuring cup, remove 1 cup of broth and set it aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 eggs to the broth in the measuring cup and whisk.
- Slowly drip egg mixture back into the soup while stirring constantly. (This is what gives you the tasty strings of egg in the broth.)
- Serve Hot