Servings: 4 servings
- Slow Cooker
- 1.5 kg beef soup bones
- 1 bulb fennel halved
- 4 star anise
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 white onion halved
- 1 square inch fresh ginger sliced
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp chilli flakes optional
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 8-10 cups of water enough to cover bones
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts
- A few pieces of thinly sliced top sirloin or brisket
- 1 tbsp green onion thinly sliced
- 1 thin slice of white onion
- Optional Cilantro if you are insane
- On a large baking sheet, roast onion, fennel and bones for about half an hour or until all are very darkened.
- Add all of the broth ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Bring to a simmer on high heat and then set to low for 24 hours.
- When it is done, strain the broth with a sieve or skimmer.
- In a large bowl, spiralize zucchini.
- Add broccoli sprouts, meat, green onion, and white onion. Pour the broth over everything.
- Serve with chopsticks and a soup spoon.