Roasted Tomato & Basil Soup
Servings: 4 servings
- 7 ripe tomatoes cored and halved
- 1 red onion loosely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves crushed and chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a large baking sheet, place tomatoes, onion, garlic, and coconut.
- Make sure tomatoes face down and sprinkle salt and coconut sugar overtop.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then flip tomatoes face up and roast for another ten minutes.
- In a blender, combine pesto, coconut milk, olive oil, and water and all of the roasted vegetables.
- Serve hot.
For protein, this soup pairs well with 1 full can of tuna mixed with 1 tbsp of mayo and 1 tsp of basil pesto.