Stuffed Mushroom Acorn Squash
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 2 lb acorn Squash
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced steak
- 6 cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2 jalapenos chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut acorn squash in half and remove seeds.
- Sprinkle salt on the inside and bake for 45 minutes face down, uncovered.
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, fry jalapenos and garlic in coconut oil until soft.
- Add mushrooms and season with oregano, salt, and cumin and fry for 5 more minutes.
- Set aside in a medium bowl.
- Fry steak slices with a little bit of salt being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Combine steak with jalapeno mixture.
- Once squash is fully cooked, add stuffing and roast for 10 minutes.