Thai Chicken Soup
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 200 ml half can organic coconut milk
- 5 chicken drumsticks
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 ripe tomatoes diced
- 2 red Thai chile peppers
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp dried Thai basil
- 1 lime squeezed
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large saucepan, sauté red, yellow, jalapeño, chile peppers, tomatoes, garlic and mushrooms in coconut oil.
- Cut chicken off the bone and add to saucepan. (Keep the bones for broth next time)
- Add Thai basil, salt, and chili flakes.
- Saute for 25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and peppers are soft (not mushy).
- Add broth, fish sauce, lime juice, and coconut milk.
- Bring up to a simmer for 5 minutes and serve hot.
- I made a very simple chicken broth for this, using only roasted chicken bones, one roasted onion, and 3 garlic cloves.