This is like a sexy combination of French and Mediterranean food and it’s seriously good. I was supposed to have enough for 2 meals but I ate it all.
Tomato Confit on Sweet Potato
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 Roma tomatoes sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 red onion slices very thin
- 1/2 cup olives stuffed with garlic
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Scrub sweet potato skin and slice 1/2" thick.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes or until soft.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine tomato slices, olive oil, salt, balsamic vinegar, chili flakes, and garlic powder.
- Mix with hands.
- Once completely mixed, place on another baking tray. (It can go in at the same time as the sweet potatoes.)
- Roast the tomatoes for 20 minutes and then flip and then another 20 minutes.
- Plate the sweet potato slices first and place tomatoes overlapping each other in a circle.
- Do the same thing with red onion slices and top with capers and garnish with olives.