Truffled Mushroom Soup
This is a strongly herbed soup that deeply warms and grounds you if you are feeling a little flighty or cold.
Servings: 4 servings
- medium stockpot
- 2 cups grey oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced 1cm thick
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups Pacific Foods Organic Mushroom Broth
- 1 cup organic canned coconut milk, full fat
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp truffled salt
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil, unrefined
- green onion for garnish
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- In a large stockpot on medium heat, melt coconut oil and sautee onion and garlic with sea salt, garlic powder, black pepper and nutritional yeast until onions are very soft.
- In a large frying pan on medium/high, heat coconut oil and fry portobello slices while dusting them with truffle salt and without overcrowding the pan. (this could take 2-3 pans full) Once the portobellos are done, quickly fry the oyster mushrooms with the rest of the truffle salt.
- Add all mushrooms to stockpot.
- Add mushroom broth and place rosemary in a tea steeper and let simmer in the broth for 20 minutes.
- Finally, add coconut milk and fresh basil and heat for 5 minutes. Remove steeping rosemary. Garnish with green onion and black pepper and serve hot.