Garlic and Carrot Soup
Servings: 4 servings
- Roasting Pan
- 5 purple carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 purple garlic cloves peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion peeled and chopped
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In a large roasting pan, cover carrots, garlic, and onion in coconut oil and sea salt.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until carrots are soft (will depend on how large the carrot chunks are).
- When vegetables are fully cooked, in a blender, combine vegetables with broth, coconut milk and basil.
- Move to a stockpot and bring to a low simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coconut milk.
- Pan fry additional garlic slices in coconut oil and salt for garnish.