My most classic and cherished original recipe: Butternut Squash Hummus.
Creamy, legume-free for special diets that restrict consumption, and full of garlicky goodness.
Butternut Squash Hummus
- Food Processor
- 1/2 butternut squash 2 cups peeled and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- some paprika olive oil, and parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine garlic cloves and butternut squash cubes with a tsp of olive oil and a bit of salt.
- Once the oil is spread evenly, place on a baking sheet and roast uncovered for 30 minutes or until butternut squash had golden brown edges.
- In the meantime, in a food processor, combine olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, salt and cumin and mix for 10 seconds.It should taste a bit too salty at this point.
- Once slightly cooled, add butternut squash mixture to the food processor and blend for 1-3 minutes until creamy.
- Move to your storage or serving bowl and garnish with olive oil, paprika, and parsley.
- Enjoy warm or cooled!