Devilled Eggs is arguably one of the easiest things you can bring to a potluck dinner if you’re not a dirty cheater who buys cheese platters from the store and transfers it to your own tray. I also explain how to make your own mayo! Store-bought brands add a lot of preservatives to mayonnaise. Since it has raw eggs in it, it will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days when you make it yourself.
- Food Processor
- 1 cup light tasting olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp garlic mayo
- Fresh dill
- Combine yolks with lemon juice, salt, and garlic in a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Put yolk mixture in a food processor and slowly add olive oil while blending.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Slowly drop eggs into the water with a spoon.
- Boil for exactly 8 minutes.
- Immediately move to an ice bath or cold tap water.
- Peel eggs once they are cooled.
- Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolks.
- Mix cooked yolk with 3 tbsp of your fresh mayonnaise
- Use a teaspoon or a piping bag to drop the filling into the empty egg whites.
- Garnish with dill and paprika.