Apple Flower Dessert
Impractical and Beautiful
- Mandolin slicer
- Small cast iron pan
- 3 gala apples
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp almond flour
- Core apples and cut each one into 4 equal pieces.
- Set the mandolin to 1mm.
- Slice all the pieces, being careful to keep them in order.
- Place into a small cast iron pan, starting from the outside and working your way to the middle.
- Blanche 10-15 apple slices for 1 minute to make the centre of the flower more flexible.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drizzle lemon and honey over everything
- Powder the almond flour and cinnamon last. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm. Try it with coconut ice cream!
2 thoughts on “Apple Flower Dessert”
OMG, that is beautiful! And I’m heading out now to find dairy free Bailey’s… 😉