If you want your entire house to smell like Christmas and the aromatic representation of hugs, you should probs do this.
First I saw the pears at the market and we locked eyes and I knew I wanted to put them in my slow cooker. Later on that day, I grabbed myself a coconut water at the store. I took a glorious sip and exclaimed: “Holy Jesus on a gluten-free cracker, I’m making coconut water poached pears!” Yes, this is actually how I talk.
Do not dispose of the water after the pears are done poaching (unless you want to waste a liter of the most delicious pear cider you’ve ever had.) Drink responsibly.
Coconut Water Poached Pears
- Slow Cooker
- 5-6 organic anjou pears
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 L 16oz unsweetened unflavoured coconut water
- 2 cups filtered water
- Peel pears.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Make sure there is enough water to fully cover all pears.
- If not, add water to cover.
- Set on low for 4 hours.
- I used some of the water and reduced it with date sugar for my guests to use as syrup.
- For my own sugar-free dish, I left it unsweetened.