Lotus Root Chips with Truffle Aioli
Panfried Lotus Root and dip
- Mandolin slicer
- 1 medium-sized lotus root
- 1/2 cup coconut or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp truffled salt
- Mandolin slice the lotus root 1-2mm thick.
- Rinse in cold water. Dry well with a clean tea towel.
- In a small frying pan, bring oil to high heat. Use tongs to place 2-3 pieces at a time into the hot oil. Flip after 10 seconds. Don't look away for even a second.
- Once all the pieces are fried, toss in a large mixing bowl with salt.
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic powder and truffle salt in a small mixing bowl and serve in ramekins.