Lotus Root Chips with Truffle Aioli
Panfried Lotus Root and dip
- Mandolin slicer
- 1 medium-sized lotus root
- 1/2 cup coconut or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp truffled salt
- Mandolin slice the lotus root 1-2mm thick.
- Rinse in cold water. Dry well with a clean tea towel.
- In a small frying pan, bring oil to high heat. Use tongs to place 2-3 pieces at a time into the hot oil. Flip after 10 seconds. Don't look away for even a second.
- Once all the pieces are fried, toss in a large mixing bowl with salt.
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic powder and truffle salt in a small mixing bowl and serve in ramekins.
5 thoughts on “Lotus Root Chips”
I am going to have to try these, they look so interesting! And I have the same problem with the light (or lack there of). I even resort sometimes to figuring out how to take pictures on my lunch break outside my office!
LOL! The office is even worse cause it’s fluorescent light. 🤢 I wouldn’t judge you haha
True. I sneak out to a “wooded” area by the parking lot!
I tried lotus root for the first time EVER this weekend. I sautéed eat. It is AMAZING! I can’t get over the incredible texture and taste. I couldn’t stop eating it. I’ll try it baked next time…
Sautéed sounds sooo good too! Maybe I’ll just make one of those posts “8 ways to eat…” and overdose on lotusroots 🤤