I’ve only had my juicer for a short while but I pretty quickly figured out that it’s difficult to have one standard recipe for anything with juicer pulp because the moisture remaining depends on the brand of the juicer as well as the vegetable being juiced. Luckily I figured out how to make crackers that you can easily modify before baking.
Also, this oven mitt came in the mail and it’s my new favourite purchase of 2018 replacing my very berry car freshener that was holding a steady number one.
Pulp and Seed Crackers
- 1/4 cup whole golden flax seeds
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp organic chia seeds
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups juicer pulp, I have use beet pulp
- 1/2 cup bob's red mill paleo flour mix
- or arrowroot, almond, coconut flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine Flax, Sunflower, Chia seeds, Nutritional Yeast and salt in food processor and blend for 15 seconds.
- Add seed mixture to a medium mixing bowl and combine with pulp.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sprinkle flour on a large baking sheet and roll the cracker dough out until it is 2mm thick evenly.
- Score the sheet with a knife to the size you want your crackers
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Flip once. Break apart and serve!
- If you are able to form a ball with the mixture, make sure it is not tacky. If it is sticking to your hands, add flour until it is not sticky without falling apart.
- If you are trying to form a ball and it keeps crumbling, add water until it can be formed.