Chicken Pho Broth
Want to eat an animal that's more affordable with a much smaller environmental impact than a cow?Chicken Pho is here for you.
Servings: 4 servings
- Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs free range Certified Organic chicken bones
- 1 bulb fennel
- 2 star anise
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 large yellow onion, halved
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp chili flakes, more to taste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp fish sauce, sugar free
- 8-10 cups filtered water (or enough to cover the bones)
- ALWAYS ROAST YOUR BONES
- AND ALWAYS ROAST YOUR BONES
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place fennel, onion and chicken bones in a large roasting pan, uncovered, salt lightly and roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add all ingredients to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 12 hours, periodically skimming fat off the top.
- Serve with rice noodles, or zucchini noodles or kelp noodles and chicken. Garnish with mandolin sliced yellow onion, green onion, cilantro. Also, bean sprouts, lime and hot chili oil.