Eating soup in the summertime doesn’t sound appetizing but the cashew milk substitution made it very light and the basil topping made it refreshing. It’s definitely not your traditional mushroom soup so I hope you enjoy as much as I did!
Very special thank you to Gruger Market for the mushrooms!
Oyster Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 yellow cooking onion minced
- 7-8 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups king oyster mushrooms chopped
- 2 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups unsweetened cashew milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 yellow cooking onion thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup king oyster mushrooms peeled (see photo below)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onions, garlic, and mushrooms in coconut oil on low for 10 minutes or until soft and then add salt.
- Add cashew milk and stock and bring to a low simmer.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend on a low setting for 30 seconds.
- In a medium fry pan, bring to medium-high heat and add coconut oil.
- Fry onions, garlic, and shredded/peeled mushrooms until crispy.
- Top with fresh basil and serve.